Monday, May 01, 2006

White Trash or Redneck?

I just got done reading Welcome to White Trash Nation on MSN and I started wondering what is the difference between white trash and redneck?

MSNBC mentions the following things associated with white trash...
My Name is Earl (happens to be 1 of my favorite tv shows)
Larry the Cable Guy and Blue Collar Comedy Tour (Jeff Foxworth the ultimate redneck)
Toby Keiths new album is "White Trash with Money

According to 1890's defnition white trash is "impoverished and uneducated"

So I got to wondering... is white trash just the new term for redneck? Or are rednecks from the country and white trash from the trailer parks? Or is white trash just poor rednecks? I searched around for some answers....

According to All Kinds of Redneck Stuff

It is possible for a redneck to also be white trash.

White Trash/Trailer Trash live in Trailers.
Rednecks do not. Rednecks live in run-down, partially constructed homes or log cabins

Rednecks are not lazy. White Trash/Welfare Trash/Trailer Trash is.

No comments: