Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Powerball Jackpot

Eight workers at a Nebraska meat processing plant have claimed the record $365 million Powerball jackpot. The seven men and one woman will each receive $15.5 million after taxes under the cash option. When one of the winners, Eric Zornes, 40, was asked whether he was still working at the plant, he replied: "No. I've been retired for about four days now."

I must say working at a meat processing plant is definitely one job I would NOT go back to... I have several relatives that work at them back in Southern Minnesota, and I don't know how they do it. I can't even stand to be a few miles downwind of the plant :(

Reminds me of the "Roby 43" a group of farmers from Roby, Texas that won a $46 million Thanksgiving Lottery. They each receive $39,000 each November for 19 years.

Quote for today...

Please excuse my parents, they don't get out much.

There are 3 kinds of people - ones that can count, and ones that can't.

No comments: